Yam Congee – China
Note: Econorm is heat sensitive and foods should not be cooked/heated after it has been added.
Suitable for a 1 year old and above.
- 200g chinese yam (huai shan)
- Chopped onion
- Teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 cup rice
- 10 cups water
- Dash of salt
- 1 sachet of Econorm
- Peel the chinese yam, rinse and cut into small pieces
- Rinse the rice and soak in water
- Add a dash of oil and stir fry the ginger and onions for 2 minutes.
- Cook the rice together with the chinese yam for 1 hour till the rice is soft.
- Add salt to season if necessary
- Stir in one sachet of Econorm after it has cooled.