Shiitake and Edamame Puree – Japan
Note: Econorm is heat sensitive and foods should not be cooked/heated after it has been added.
- 4 oz Shitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil 12 oz.
- (2 cups) Shelled edamame
- ¾ – 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp. Soy sauce, optional
- 1 Sachet Econorm
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil in a stockpot. Add edamame and cook for 4 minutes. Drain edamame in a colander and place them in a blender.
- In a small sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat, add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, soy sauce and ¾ cup of water to the edamame in the blender.
- Process until the mixture is a smooth puree. If needed, add additional water.
- After it has cooled, add Econorm and serve.