Lentil Puree – Pakistan
Note: Econorm is heat sensitive and foods should not be cooked/heated after it has been added.
Suitable for babies from 6-9 months.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 50g red onion, diced
- 50g red pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp red lentils
- Quarter tsp ground coriander
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp basil, chopped
- 1 sachet Econorm
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion, pepper, and carrots and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and coriander , then blend in the tomatoes, stock. tomato paste.
- Bring up to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend until smooth using a hand blender.
- Add basil and salt.
- After it has cooled, add 1 sachet of Econorm and serve.
Source : http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/lentil-puree