Kholrabi – Germany
Note: Econorm is heat sensitive and foods should not be cooked/heated after it has been added.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 2 kohlrabi bulbs ( Turnip)
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 6 medium button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 Sachet of Econorm
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Remove leaves and stems from Kohlrabi bulbs ( Turnips), wash, peel and cut them into 1-inch chunks.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add potato and kohlrabi chunks. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes. To check if they are done, a fork should slide through the pieces easily.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onion, mushrooms and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté over medium-low heat until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Drain potato and kohlrabi and place in a food processor or blender. Add soup stock and puree until smooth, adding more or less liquid to achieve desired consistency.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- After it has cooled, add Econorm and stir.
Source – http://freshbaby.com/healthy_eating/pdf/World-Series-Baby-Food.pdf