Gazpacho – Spain
Note: Econorm is heat sensitive and foods should not be cooked/heated after it has been added.
- 1 kg (2.2lb) very red ripe tomatoes
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 25g bread, torn into pieces
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 150 ml water
- 1 sachet Econorm
- Salt and Pepper
- Put the tomatoes into a pan of boiling water for 20 seconds , drain , then peel off the skin. Slice in half, remove the seeds and roughly chop the flesh.
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, bread, sherry vinegar, olive oil and water into a food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Pour through a fine sieve into a jug. Season well, then chill for 2 hours.
- Pour the tomato mixture into four soup bowls and garnish with the cucumber , pepper and chives.
- Let the soup cool down and add Econorm.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil before serving.
Source – http://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/gazpacho