Eid Special- Sheer Khurma
Important Note : Econorm is heat sensitive, and foods should not be heated or cooked after adding Econorm.
Ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 500 ml milk, approx 3 cups full fat organic milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 to 1.5 tbsp sugar or as required ( the dates and raisins add a lot of sweetness to the milk, so add sugar accordingly.)
- ½ cup broken seviyan/whole wheat vermicelli
- 7-8 cashews, chopped
- 8-9 almonds, sliced
- 8-9 unsalted pistachios, sliced
- 8-9 dates seedless, chopped
- 4 cardamoms, crushed to a powder in a mortar-pestle.
- ½ or 1 tbsp chironji/charoli
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
- ½ to 1 tsp rose water
- 1 sachet Econorm
- Roast the seviyan till golden and keep aside. if you want then you can roast the seviyan in ghee also.
- In the same pan. heat ghee and add chopped dry fruits and saute for 3-4 minutes stirring often.
- Heat milk in a saucepan and let it come to a boil. lower the flame and simmer for 8-10 minutes till the milk slightly thickens.
- Add the roasted seviyan and sugar to the milk and simmer till the seviyan are cooked and have become soft for about 8-10 minutes on a low flame.
- The milk will also thicken and reduce in volume.
- Add the whole dry fruit mixture and cardamom powder.
- Switch off fire and stir to let it cool.
- Transfer required quantity to a serving bowl, Mix in 1 sachet of Econorm and feed your baby!:)